Saturday, June 25, 2005

The Meeting House

I'm currently on vacation, but this past Sunday (June 19th) I had the opportunity to visit "The Meeting House", an innovative church in Oakville (near Toronto), Ontario. While at times I may sound critical of the Christian "religion", I want to highlight those who are addressing the "religion" issue head-on and working to seriously address faith and the church from a non-religious stance. "The Meeting House" is an example worth noting. Check out their website at www.themeetinghouse.ca and especially go through their initial flash presentation entitled "Some Thoughts on the Value of Religion". This church states its core purpose as: "To honour God by proclaiming the irreligious message of Jesus and fostering loving communities of fully-committed Christ followers". From my brief personal encounter I am impressed.
|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?