Monday, January 30, 2006

Christianity as a "Sunday religion"

I'd also like to argue that the mainstream of Christianity throughout the last 1,500 years, and particularly evident in the last 200 years, has been for the majority of practitioners, not a practice-oriented religion, but a Sunday religion, a religion of "do what you want as long as you subscribe to the right things and you show up on Sunday to keep the institution going." It has fostered an extraordinarily limited view of human capacity. It has, in a sense, been co-opted by its own attitude and approach, by materialism. I know this is not necessarily a nice thing to say, and as I said in the beginning, I'm not asking you to agree with it. I'm just asking you to consider it."
- Peter Senge, management expert and author of the Fifth Discipline.
 

Technorati Tags : , , ,

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?